All conditions of service are outlined in this practices service agreement, please give yourself time to read through this and familiarise yourself with this prior to your initial appointment.
Payment and Fees
* Please note this practice does not offer bulk billing, full payment is due via automated billing on the day of your appointment.
The fees that psychologists charge vary, depending on the services they offer, and the settings in which they work. The recommended fee by the Australian Psychological Society for a session of approximately 50 minutes duration is $280.00, this practice has structured its fees with this in mind with current fees set at $230.00 per session, reviewed annually. You may be eligible for a Medicare rebate of $137.05 per session.
Payments are required to be made on the day of the session, as this practice is only available on limited hours, automatic payments are taken the day of your session and requires a securely stored current bank card for this process. Please ensure funds are available in your account the day of your session to avoid any declined account fees.
Rebates are available for a range of specified psychological services for people with certain conditions, including:
People with mental health disorders,
Women who are concerned about either a current pregnancy, or one that occurred in the previous 12 months,
People who have a chronic medical condition and complex care needs,
Follow-up allied health services for people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
To be eligible to receive psychological services under Medicare, a person must be referred by his or her GP or in some instances by a psychiatrist, paediatrician, or consultant physician; please consult with your medical practitioner or discuss this with your psychologist prior to your appointment if you feel you may be eligible for Medicare rebated sessions.
* Please note if you wish to claim a Medicare rebate for your initial session, an appropriate referral and care plan must be obtained and provided to the practice prior to your appointment.
Private Health Insurance Rebates
Private health insurers may also rebate part of the cost of psychological consultations depending on your level of cover. Contact your health insurance provider for further information.
* Please note you cannot access both Medicare and Private Health Insurance rebates simultaneously.
* Please note, you will not be permitted to book any further appointments until all outstanding accounts are settled.
Additional fees may apply should extensive time be required outside of session, however, this will be discussed with you prior to the provision of these services; for example, additional fees may apply in the case of the need for the practitioner to prepare reports, letters, files, and emails not typically considered within the scope of standard practice.
Cancellations and or Non Attendance
* Please note a minimum of 48-hours notice is required for appointment cancellations or to reschedule. Failure to provide appropriate notice will result in a late cancellation or non-attendance fee as per the practice policy, charged to the full session fee of $230.
This cancellation policy is in accordance with the Australian Psychological Society’s recommendations and reflects the time set aside for you and allows time for your session time to be offered to another patient who may be on a cancellation waiting list.
* Please note Medicare and private health fund rebates do not apply to cancelled or missed appointments and are to be paid in full, as an out-of-pocket expense before your next appointment will be scheduled.